Set up for tomorrow. When you enter, come in the doors facing Mifflin Park Elementary near the amphitheater.
If you are a facebook user, check out: https://www.facebook.com/Berks-Summer-Strings-358018208182930/
Governor Mifflin in the lead, Exeter, Wilson and Fleetwood close behind. What a great mix of Berks County!
By the way, we started a new FACEBOOK page. Click HERE. Check it out and “like” us.
Most of Berks County School are down to the final weeks. Already, we have 80+ students signed up for already. Last year’s teachers are coming back and the music is beginning to be pulled and lined up for our first session.
We are looking forward to exploring and making music with you this summer!!
We here at Berks Summer Strings are already planning for a great summer of orchestral strings learning and music making. In the link below is a flyer that you can print out for reference or pass along to friends.
More information will be coming. Already, many of past staff and teachers have committed to come back. We are excited to meet our new students as well as see some of our “old friends” from the past 8 years!
I am so proud of your progress in making music this summer! Taking a little time to play with one another, helping each other a bit and creating some great moments and music. Here is a preview of Tueday’s concert:
Tuesday, August 7th
- 5:30P Set up (volunteer) set up chairs & stands in amphitheater
- 6:30P Call – Chins set cases in large ensemble room, pins go to music class room (bass room). Get tuned and set up.
- 6:50P Seating. Chamber group sit in first 2 rows, Stradivari fill in 2nd – 3rd rows, and Micheli strings fill in the rest of the seats.
- 7P Concert will begin. It will last about 40 minutes.
- Concert dress can be your school colors or t-shirts, fun summer clothes …
- Audience may want to bring lawn chairs to sit in.
Here is a link to a printable flyer and information for friends, students or other family members. Please feel free to share!
Some quick points. 🙂
- 113 Young String Musician Registered!
- BEGINNERS (Micheli) session is from 630 – 730
- ADVANCED (Stradivari) session is from 730 – 830
- Chamber Orchestra will be selected tonight and next Tuesday (830-9P)
- Parents are welcome to stay or leave, younger siblings are invited to explore our playgrounds.
- We are excited about are music selections this season! Fun stuff!