Don’t put your strings away after the last day of school! Keep them out. We are gearing up for our 7th season of Berks Summer String Institute. Great music, teachers, friends and time together.
Click on the following link to register for the Summer of 2018 Berks Summer Strings.
See you in JUNE.
~ Mr. Steven Holgate
Here is a link to a printable flyer and information for friends, students or other family members. Please feel free to share!
Some quick points. 🙂
- 113 Young String Musician Registered!
- BEGINNERS (Micheli) session is from 630 – 730
- ADVANCED (Stradivari) session is from 730 – 830
- Chamber Orchestra will be selected tonight and next Tuesday (830-9P)
- Parents are welcome to stay or leave, younger siblings are invited to explore our playgrounds.
- We are excited about are music selections this season! Fun stuff!
I have had a fellow educator and a couple students who asked me for a “printable flyer” for Berks Summer Strings. Click HERE for a Google Doc that I think will work. It is the same one I will hand out to my own students here at Governor Mifflin.
(Let me know if it does work.)
Berks Summer String Institute 2017 ~ Dates and Schedule
#1 Tuesday, June 20th 6:30 – 8:30PM
(Sectional instructors will help with group placement)
#2 Tuesday, June 27th 6:30 – 8:30PM (8:30 – 9P Chamber Orchestra)
No Rehearsals on July 4th (Go celebrate with family and friends!)
#3 Tuesday, July 11th 6:30 – 8:30PM (8:30 – 9P Chamber Orchestra)
#4 Tuesday, July 18th 6:30 – 8:30PM (8:30 – 9P Chamber Orchestra)
#5 Tuesday, July 25th 6:30 – 8:30PM (8:30 – 9P Chamber Orchestra)
#6 Tuesday, August 1st 6:30 – 8:30PM (8:30 – 9P Chamber Orchestra)
#7 Tuesday, August 8th Berks Summer Strings Concert
- 7:00PM @ GMIS Amphitheater
- Call, tuning and Seating 6:30PM
- Concert dress is nice summer wear.
~ What if we go on vacation?
> Please do. Come when you can, don’t when you can’t.
~ We have to miss the concert, should we still come?
> Absolutely. Wish you could make it, but we understand.
~ My friend would like to come, is it too late?
> Have them register and come when they can.
~ Do the parents have to stay for the hour?
> No, but it may be a great learning experience for the parents to watch. They are ALL open rehearsals. 🙂